Army ROTC: The Smartest Course You Can Take
Army ROTC is an elective course you take along with your required college classes. It prepares you with the tools, training, and experiences that will help you succeed in any competitive environment. Along with great leadership training, Army ROTC may pay for your college tuition. You will have a normal college student experience like everyone else on campus, but when you graduate, you will be an Officer in the U.S. Army, Army Reserve, or Army National Guard.
Joining the Army ROTC also comes with many benefits, and is even considered one of the top leadership programs in the country.
Who is an officer?
Honor, integrity and personal courage are three of the values Army Officers embody in their pursuit of mission accomplishment and personal excellence. By standing as examples of the leadership skills honed through centuries of Army achievements, today’s Officers set the standard. They serve our nation with distinction in peace and in war.
As leaders, Commissioned Officers constantly validate themselves as Army Strong by having the strength to inspire strength in others.
Who can join?
- Must be a US Citizen
- Be between ages 17 and 27
- Have a High School or College GPA of 2.5
- Must be accepted into UW-Madison, UW-Whitewater, or Edgewood College
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Meet physical fitness standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
There are still seats available for this fall, consider one of our obligation free classes: Military Science 101 or 201!
Rising High School Seniors:
The National Scholarship is now open! Follow the link below to start your application.
Scroll down to “How to Apply” and create an account.
Rising High School Juniors:
The scholarship application will open for you next June, do your research now, and be better prepared!
Cadets are required to participate in the following training each semester:
- 1 Hour of Physical Training at 6am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- 1 Military Science Class per week (1-2 credits)
- 1 Military Science Lab on Thursdays (1 credit)
- 1 Field Training Exercise at Ft. McCoy, WI (2-3 days)
Contact our Scholarship Officer today: